2.08.2008

Ah Kant Ceeeeee!!!!!!

He he he So I am cooking dinner tonight,4th time in a week - new world record, and I decide to make French Toast and Bacon. We like bacon, no, we LOVE bacon. So I start cooking the bacon and getting the other stuff ready and doing the dishes. I know dishes tooooooo, a real Suzy Homewrecker, I mean Homemaker.

So I now have moved the bacon over to another burner and have the french toast on the front burner, (my stove has one large burner and 3 small-go figure) and have pulled the soy bacon out of the freezer for the vegetarian in the family, sent Glenn a text telling him food, when I look up as I walk into the kitchen and there is so much smoke that I am wondering why none of the smoke alarms have gone off. I open the kitchen window, Glenn walks in and asked if there was a plane crash, Jessie crawls into the living room to open those windows and I get the other kitchen window open and my eyes stop burning quite so bad. I look at the stove and realize that some of the grease from the meatloaf I made the other night had spilled down into the burner and I had a great smoke bomb going.

I also found out that soy bacon looks like Beggin Strips and may possibly taste like them too. Though Beggin Strips might be better. In the end I dip some soy bacon into bacon grease and it almost is edible, but defeats the purpose. Glenn won't even eat it. I think that I will feed the leftover of it to the cats as I have run out of cat food, again. I think they share it with the neighborhood or something.

So here is what I am getting at, most of you know that I have a tendency to spazz out at times. Sometimes I can't handle long stories or complicated family trees, my eyes glaze and I get stuck trying to figure out the logistics and then miss the point of the story. Work has been causing some spazzing and the stranger it gets there the less work I seem to accomplish. It took me all day today to get one bulletin board covered with fabric and 4 things stapled to it (ran out of staples, didn't want to go on sales floor to get more, ransacked 2 offices for staples, etc etc) by then it was lunch. 30 minute chat about the re-implementing of WM policies with the big boss, R, hence the reality that I think that I am allergic to the plastic that they make clear tongue rings out of cuz it hurts now under my tongue.

Asst. Manager gives me grief for not eating some of his chili. We had a chili lunch to raise money for a charity, so I had to then take a break and eat some of his chili, very spicy but good. So by now, it is about 2. Then we have to bluetooth ringtones to each other for a while. Harass a couple of managers then clear off my desk and voila! Time to go home. The point that I am trying to make is that is it wrong to grab someone by the shoulders and shake them while yelling "get to the point!" ??????

Stop shaking me.

Saturday Morning Edit: I left soy bacon on counter over night and the cats wouldn't even eat it.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only if they may be impaired in one way or fashion. I stop shaking you now. :)

Stephanie said...

You've inspired me. I haven't had french toast in a while, so I made some this moring :) And there are days where I seem so busy at work and then I look up and it's 5 o'clock and I wonder what in the world I did all day?!?!

Misty Dawn said...

I was waiting on a story about Canadian bacon.

Anonymous said...

LOL just cuz I am Canadian doesn't mean that I have to eat the stuff roflmbo

queenhaiku said...

i want your job

Anonymous said...

I must blog more about my job, but in all fairness I do also do quite a bit of "stuff" at work.