2.21.2008

Post-A-Holic

I have taken a bit of a break because I was becoming too attached to my keyboard. Some tidbits to ponder:

I pulled into my driveway today, Thursday, put my car in park and slid down the hill to the backyard. Mild anxiety as I was trying to get some traction, finally was able to back out of yard and able to park. I am wondering how I will get said car up the driveway tomorrow morning.

Funny/cute item of interest. Last Sunday Glenn and I went to lunch with Kelly and Noah at Surf's Up Grill, we love the chili cheeses fries. They have a wishing fountain in the middle of the restaurant so I offered Noah a penny to make a wish. He runs over to the fountain and starts talking then makes a wish and comes back with a big smile. Guess what I wished for, he tells us that he wished he was a grown-up. We smile, Kelly gets the "I won't ever let him grow up" look (LOL) and I remind Noah that if he is a grown-up that he can't use his cool new swing that his Mom made him. He looks at Kelly and she agrees, he then is asking for more money to make another wish. Runs over to the fountain, makes his wish and strolls back to the table to announce that he has wished for the first wish to not happen so that he can stay a kid. :)

We did manage to embarrass Glenn a bit by implying that he was Noah's Dad and not a very good one at that to the diners nearby. It's the small things in life that we enjoy.

Before we left Noah asked to make another wish, this time he wished that he and Glenn would become brothers. Kelly and I looked at each other chuckling, and I then suggested that she could marry my ex-husband and that got several resounding NO!s from the table. I'm telling you, it's the little things.

Freaks Rule! Geeks Drool!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that story. Thanks again for lunch. Freak on, Freakmaster.

aimeenky said...

Great story and I love you and Kelly's sarcasm!