5.01.2008

Insurance is Ridiculous

As many of you know Glenn got his license and is happily driving everywhere. So I had to add him to my insurance. WOW! I had a certain insurance company that advertises on tv a lot as one that will give you instant coverage and won't cost a lot etc.............yeah right. They lied.

I was insured on two cars, one with full coverage and all that, no tickets, no accidents, $500 deductible and paying about $118 a month. I called and gave them Glenn's info and they said they would add him and I could call back to get rate, as they had to run a motor vehicle report on Glenn. I forgot about it till I got the bill yesterday. They wanted $478.45 per month to insure him.

Now, most of the people that I know can't afford that much for insurance a month including me. Some of my friends pay close to that in rent. I told Glenn that I guess he wasn't driving anymore.

Well, just by God's wisdom, Glenn and I had stopped in at a local car dealer and he had mentioned this insurance company in Nicholasville that was pretty good. So I called them today and spoke to Hunter. Within 30 minutes I had new insurance same deductible, and renters insurance for only drumroll please $214 per month. Do the math.

Glenn is happy cuz he gets to keep driving.

I am happy cuz I can afford it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is incredibly high!