6.13.2008

Surprise!!!!

OK no real surprise, just a quick thought as I sit here procrastinating. I need to get the upstairs painted but can't seem to get anyone who lives in this house to help. So I was thinking that God really loves surprises. It is like a birthday party everyday for Him, just when you think that you made it safely in the front door He jumps out of the closet and yells "Surprise!!" hands you a gift and then leaves. He already knows what is in it, and it is up to us on how we use the gift. Do we shove it in the closet and try to forget about it, or is it one of those gifts that can't wait, like the hot water heater blowing up or car trouble, something like that. I often wonder if He is laughing his head off as He watches us scurry around trying to make the right choices. I have become very apathetic, I make no choices just let it all happen and duck when it hits the fan. I must work on that and try to come back from that place and take charge of what I can and wrap the rest up in nice paper with a pretty bow and give it back to Him.

No comments: